Thursday, February 4, 2010

Back to the Shop, more stuff ordered.

Back to the shop? That's right. Even though it's still cold outside, I am resuming work in my Grandfathers workshop. Why? The simple answer is because soon the work shop won't be available to use ever again. The reason is this: last year at about this time my Grandfather passed away leaving just my Grandmother (I should have posted this detail when it happened, but for some reason I didn't think to). Well now my grandmother has become very ill and it looks like she will soon be with God and Grandpa. Once this happens, the house where the work shop is will be up for sale. This is a problem because neither I or my Dad have a place to relocate all the power tools to (both me and my parents live in apartments). Thus I am trying to get as much work done as I can before we have to clean out the house, including the work shop. I am currently saving up for my own house where I can setup my own work shop and give a new home for all those power tools, but it may be a while before I can do that.
Hopefully I can quickly save enough money to buy a house with a garage and continue work on R6-C9. Maybe in the next month or two.

So here's what I was able to do today:
This is the top disc for the body, all trimmed and ready for assembly. First pic is the top, second is the under side.


Next I'll work on the bottom disc.

Today I also ordered the speed controllers for the foot drives and the head motor.
Haven't had time to work on the skins any, but I hope to finish cutting the panels out of the remaining sheets soon. Once that's done I can start gluing the layers together, and then when the weather is right, paint.

John.

No comments: