Monday, April 11, 2011

Drive Bracket ready

Yesterday I continued work on the foot drive bracket. To make it fit properly in the foot shell I had to cut off about half an inch from the top corner on the wheel side.

With the corner cut off I can position the bracket so the motor has clearance.
Photobucket Photobucket

To secure the bracket inside the foot shell, I decided to use two 1/4" x 1/2" hex bolts through the side. Using the horizontal drill press, I slowly drilled two holes through the foot shell and drive bracket.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

All that's left now is to get the new wheels and install the motors.

While I was at the shop, I finally remembered to get the 1/4" spacers on each side of the center ankle so it will fit without sliding from side to side. As you may remember, I accidentally made the mounting rails too far apart.

One thing I did forgot to do was drill a hole in the top of the foot shell for the wiring from the motors to the leg wiring to pass through. Will just have to wait until Thursday to do that.

One more thing I was able to do at home was finish painting the two blue panels. Now I can start on the remaining pieces.


No comments: