Monday, April 27, 2015

A spoon full of Glue?

Today I did final prep on the legs and glue together the first two of several pieces.

Left leg pieces glued together.  Only have enough clamps to glue one leg at a time so it'll be a slow process as I have to give each piece 24 hours before removing the clamps.  But that's ok because it'll be over 24 hours by the time I come home from work tomorrow.  And if I feel up to it I'll remove the clamps and glue the next piece on.



Just before I glued them together, I routed little indention's on the leg rod side of the piece where the leg rod attaches.  This is to allow the leg rod assembly to fit flat against it.



That's about it for today.
One thing I forgot to mention in the last post is the Star Wars: Rebels season 2 trailer was also released the same weekend as the 2nd teaser for Episode 7.  The second season looks AWESOME!  Check it out as soon as you can but I recommend getting caught up on the first season of Rebels first or some details might get spoiled for you.

John

No comments: