Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Entry for November 02, 2005

[Originally published on Yahoo! 360°]

This past week I've been making some circuits for the front & rear Logic Displays on my droid. I have completed one already and will have the 2nd one finished by...oh look at the time...1:56am...I was gonna say tomorrow but it's already tomorrow LOL! So I'll have it done by tonight then, hehe. The next circuit I'll work on will be the Processor State Indicator (PSI). So far I think I'm building them correctly, but I won't know for sure until I can connect a battery to it. Pictures to come soon.

My first astromech droid will not be R2-D2 but an R6 which I have named R6-C9. The reason is so I can experiment with building materials and construction methods. R6 will be just a static droid, meaning he will not be able to move around. R6 will however have all the lights and automated head rotation/sounds for realaizim (spell check Image). R2-D2 will be the one with ALL the tricks (RC, lights, sounds, utility arms, etc.).

For the main body I am currently planning to use an 17" - 18" diameter PVC pipe (the same material most drain pipes are made of).

John

No comments: