Friday, May 26, 2006

Entry for May 26, 2006

[Originally published on Yahoo! 360°]

Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!! Star Wars Celebration IV!!!!!!! Oh I can't wait! As C-3PO said in RotJ, "Here we go again." [Takes a deep breath] I'm ok, hehe. Wow. I'm so happy the rumors were true. And this promises to be bigger, better, and crazier than ever. Times a wasting. I've got to get to work on R6-C9 if I'm to take him to C4. I talked to my Dad who is a woodworking wizard. He said it should be no problem to "spin" R6's head on his lathe. Spin it. Amazing. If you don't know what that is, spinning on a lathe is, well, spinning a block of wood/metel/etc. and using special cutting hand tools to carving into the block. This way you can make it perfectly round. He's done it before to make bowls, spinning tops, ink pens, and wooden chair legs. He also said we should us a type of foam board used in making signs. I can't wait. If we can get the head made in a short amount of time I might try making the body as well. Holy cow this is cool!
Hey. This is my first real update on building my droid. Neat.

John

No comments: