Sunday, June 18, 2006

Entry for June 18, 2006

[Originally published on Yahoo! 360°]

'sup guys Image During the past week I got all the other LEDs I need to start making the Front and Rear Logic Displays. After doing some research and asking questions on the R2-D2 Builder's Club Yahoo! Group message board, I'm nearly ready to begin soldering. One thing I have to finish first is drawing up schematics for how the LEDs will be arranged and connected to the QK169 PIC Flasher circuit I bought to control the flashing pattern. Because I'll be using a 12V 8amp AGM battery for the head I need to calculate exactly how much power each LED will require so I know how many I can connect in series before I max out the battery's voltage and have to create another series of LEDs to run in parallel. Apparently if you connect "things" to a battery in parallel instead of in series, all of the "things" get the full 12 volts at the same time. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that but if that's how it works then all the better.
I know, I know; pictures, pictures, give us some PICTURES!!! I would if I could, but I don't have a digital camera or anything like that. As soon as I can afford it, I'll get a digital camcorder so not only will you get pictures, but VIDEO as well. But money is tight right now so you'll have to imagine what I'm talking about, hehe.

I'll talk to ya all later.

John

No comments: