Friday, July 27, 2007

What Happened, part 2

[Originally published on Yahoo! 360°]

Alrighty then,

To better explain how I messed up the ribs:
The height on the plans is correct (8 1/2 inches). The ribs are supposed to be slanted at a 15° angel. So what I did wrong was I made the angle of the ribs 8 1/2" instead of the height. This made the ribs just a wee bit short. Even my Dad missed this (sorry Dad). This morning I got out the full scale drawings again to recheck the measurements when what we did hit me right in the face. So this Sunday we'll make all new ribs at the correct measurements. Hopefully we can finish this so I can take it to the BBQ next Saturday.



No comments: