Sunday, January 11, 2009

New year, new plans.

Happy belated New Year, etc, etc.
Sorry I haven't been posting recently. My job gets real busy during the winter holidays thus only time for me to eat, sleep and work. But now I'm back, so down to business.

I recently started tinkering with the Logic Displays again, trying to come up with a more conpact and less power hungry design. I've been looking for a different light flashing circuit in hopes of decreasing the number of LEDs thus decreasing the physical size and power needed. Well after scanning the Internet for a few hours I stumbled upon a schematic on Electronics-Lab.com titled "LEDs and Lamps Sequencer" which is a very simple circuit that can have many or few LEDs in it. Basicly it's a one LED flashing circuit that can have copies of itself added in sequence to it up to a large number.....BINGO!!! This is what I've been wanting for a long time. With this I can use maybe only 6 LEDs arranged in a flashing circle and then just have the fiber optic strands right above them. Some of the parts I couldn't find at my local Radio Shack or other stores so I had to buy them online. Once I can make the circuit I can experiment with the LED placement related to the fiber optics and see if it will work the way I want it to. Till then, here's the schematic and drawing of how I will assemble this new design.

John

No comments: