Thursday, May 6, 2010

Priming Feet

Today I started working towards getting the feet painted. The feet were made by a machine shop so there was still some grease and other crud on them. I used a general purpose degreaser to clean them. Once that was done, I used a metal primer paint and coated the inside of the feet and one side of the additional pieces. For the small pieces with screws, I wrapped small pieces of painter's tape to protect the screw threads. It'll take only two hours before I can move them, and then a total of 48 hours before I can apply primer to the remaining area of the pieces. Once everything has been completely covered, I can apply the real paint.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


No comments: