Last Thursday I modified the 2nd wheel and made the pieces for the Foot Drive prototype.
The Foot Drive in its final version will be made out of aluminum square-tubing with one side cut off. But for the prototype, just the two sides will suffice.
Mostly assembled. Still need the belt and standoffs between the motor and wall in front of it. Speaking of the standoffs, the screws I'm using to hold the motor in place are a little too long. Will have to get shorter ones.
Yesterday I got the standoffs, shorter screws, and the belts finally came. I reassembled the drive with the new parts and did a power test.
Of course I also test fitted the bracket in the foot shell. Good news is it fits. Now I need to order the aluminum tubing so I can make the final product.
As for painting, it suddenly got real cold again so painting is out until Spring decides to stay.