Sunday, March 13, 2011

Let the Building Begin!

It's March. Shop time!

Today I started working on the motor/wheel mounting bracket for the foot drive. Unfortunately all I have to show for 3 hours of work is one big problem. I'm having trouble with the scooter wheels I got that are supposed to be compatible with the Razor E100. The axle is 4-1/4" long which is about all the room I have inside the foot shell. This leaves little room above the wheel to build a bracket (the foot shell walls slope in towards the top). Another problem is when the belt is pulled tight the motor is too far on one side to fit in the foot shell.

I'm not sure if I can find a way to make this work. I may need to consider another motor/wheel type. Uuurg. How did others make this work.


No comments: