I actually found some time today to do one quick thing in the shop. Today I finally cut a hole in the bottom of R6's head. With that done, I can freely skin him up while still being able to access the electronics that will eventually go inside. I took the pictures with my phone (because I spaced and didn't bring my regular camera) so the format will be a little different, but oh well.
Here I'm using my small circle router attachment to cut the hole out. I used several passes, slowly making the circle deeper until I cut all the way through.
And the finished result.
That will be it for now. See you guys in the new year.