Tuesday, April 10, 2012


At last. The moment we've all been waiting for. Well, maybe not THE moment, but one of them. These past few days I started drawing, measuring and cutting the second layer face piece for the head. Took me about 3-4 revisions before I got the spacing and everything right, but I did it. The panel layout is complete.

Using the same alignment method for cutting the pieces of styrene out, I measured and drew the panels. The main challenge was getting every detail spaced out to fit all the way around the head and be aligned where they need to be.
Drawing panels Drawing panels

When I had finished the first attempt, I cutout the second layer and test fit it on the head. These pictures are of the final test.
Test Fit - Front Test Fit - Back

Here's what it looks like when laid flat. For kicks, I positioned the resin Radar Eye I've had in storage since 2006 or 2007.
Panel Layout Final Radar Eye Test Fit

Next up is cutting out the panels. When I get the nerve.


No comments: