Got bored today so decided to try doing a little something in my work shop. As I've stated before, I'm wanting to make new legs for R6 due to some minor imperfections occurring over time. I still have the original template I used for the first set of legs but it has become a little too worn out to be useful anymore. So I'm starting by making a new template. Now the template's purpose is to be the master cut that is used to make copies off of. Think of it like the piece of paper you scan on a copier or as a cookie cutter. I've tried making a new template a couple of times last year actually but they didn't turn out well so I never mentioned it. But today I think I finally have drawn the perfect (or near enough) template. Next trick however is cutting it without altering the outlines I drew. That has always been the trickiest and most troublesome part. I have already rough cut the template with a jig-saw and tomorrow plan to use a scroll-saw to fine trim the rest off. If that goes without a hitch, I can then use my router and a pattern bit to cookie-cut more pieces for making the legs.
The process will be the same as the first set of legs. Only difference will be better quality measurements and cuts.
I'll post again tomorrow if I get anything more accomplished.