Saturday, November 30, 2019

Blog update

So in the last couple of posts I made, I had to find a new way of sharing my photos and videos and possibly a new home for this blog.  Here's an update on that topic.

Years ago when I moved from my original blog host, the late Yahoo!360, it was a lot of copying and pasting around 100 blog post to Blogger.  Now I have over 200 blog post and no easy way to export and import them onto another blog platform.  So never mind.  It's too much work relocating.  I'm stuck here I guess.

As for the videos and photos, I already mentioned Google Drive will archive all the photos I insert in Blogger and it seams it'll work the same way for videos, provided the video file in 100MB or less per video.  No problem there as my videos in FLV format are around 10-20MB's each.

I was trying to ditch Google altogether, but all the alternatives are too limiting, for free.  So my plan is to use my Google account only for Blogger.  I'll use a different email service for personal use.  Now I just need to convert all my videos in FLV and reupload all my past photos and videos.  You'll see I've already redone a few posts, but it'll take me a long time to fix all of them.  I'll start with the most recent and work my way backwards through time.


John

No comments: