Friday, November 8, 2019

Photobucket Links

Long time.  So you may have noticed all the picture links are now broken.  That's because I deleted my Photobucket account where I was storing them.  Apparently, a free account on Photobucket only gives you a 25MB max bandwidth and I was going over that limit by 300% and over a storage limit too..  As such all the photo's had a watermark added and were low rez, plus I couldn't upload any new photos unless I started paying a subscription.  I don't know when these new restrictions started, but I wasn't having these problems when I last made a blog post.  So instead of paying $5.99 or more a month (which I can' afford right now) I decided to delete my account with them and find an alternative solution....which I'm still looking for.

One idea I've been mulling over is switching from a Blog to a Vlog using my YouTube channel.  This way I wouldn't need a new online storage for my photos but would make slideshow videos for all my existing photos and then new content would be in video form.  Of course that could mean no more updates here except maybe a post with a link to my Vlog video.  Still mulling it over.

Anyway, I've been very busy in real life and have had no time for Droid building, or anything else really.  But I have recently acquired a LOT of free time so I might just try getting back into things here.

Stay tuned,

John


UPDATE Nov. 12th!!!  I just learned that Blogger will store photos and videos using Google Drive.  Wish I knew that a long time ago.  So I'll be updating the photo links over time, starting with the most recent posts and work my back through over 200 posts....oh joy.

No comments: