Tuesday, November 26, 2019

YouTube, COPPA, The World Gone Mad

You may have noticed that now the videos don't work.  That's because thanks to YouTube trying to throw all the content creators under the COPPA bus, I have decided to stop using their service.  I don't think I had to worry about my videos being thought of as "directed at children," but the way YouTube was handling the whole thing was irritating me.  I'm even considering going as far as moving my blog and email from Google to something else, although I don't know where that would be.  Remember that this blog started on Yahoo's platform before they shut it down.

In the mean time, I'll be looking for a new video hosting service.  Shoot, at this point I might as well rent a private server.  But $$$$$.

Lots to think about.

Stay tuned.

John

No comments: